top of page

Alabama Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame


For Pat Rose, sports-entertainment was a childhood dream come true. The former "journeyman" Superstar achieved his dream of becoming a professional wrestler after setting out to do so in his adolescence.

Pat continued to pursue a career in the ring after high school, and that is when he met Ken Hawk, a friend from Cleveland, Tenn. He with him for about two weeks, and after those two weeks he went to TV 12 in Chattanooga, and the rest was history. Pat worked there for a bit and in 1980, I went down to Georgia Championship Wrestling."

Rose credits his time in the territories as the best of his career, saying, "Man, when I look back now to the '80s, I consider that to be an era in wrestling that may never be seen again. It's all changed." He continued, "There will never be another Ric Flair, another Stan Hansen and there will never be another team like the Road Warriors."

Rose points to one man that helped him along in his wrestling career more than any other — Arn Anderson.

Rose recalled doing television tapings for TBS in Atlanta early in his career, and cited that Paul Orndorff inadvertently helped him on his path to realizing his dream.

After becoming more comfortable in the ring, stardom followed Pat Rose. He fondly looked back on his career, saying, "There were a couple of highlights for me in the ring. One was holding the NWA Southeastern Tag Titles with Arn Anderson and again with Randy Rose. Another was putting on the mask and being Mr. Wrestling II's partner. That was exciting for me."

But the best time of his career, according to Rose, is teaming with his good friend Arn Anderson.

Another person who Rose worked with was his one-time manager Sherri Martel.

Located just outside of where his career began in Tennessee, Rose has been doing what many former wrestlers and many other "retirees" do in their spare time — fishing. Lots of fishing.

"The last time I was in the ring, was April 1994. I hurt my neck and that was it for me," he said. "I didn't want to walk away, but I had to. I still love the world of sports-entertainment, but this fishing thing is pretty good. I first started in smaller tournaments in 1993, and by 2003 I thought maybe it was time to step it up to the big leagues."

When asked about his time in Professional Wrestling Pat said, “I appreciate the 15 years I put in the business. I'd take nothing for those memories or that experience. I want to thank the fans for being there. Let's keep wrestling alive.”



Randy Rose began his career in 1974 in Tennessee.

In 1980, Rose formed a tag team with Dennis Condrey in the Alabama-based promotion Southeast Championship Wrestling. The duo initially feuded with Norvell Austin before joining forces with Austin to form a stableThe Midnight Express. The trio dominated the tag team scene there until 1983, when Condrey left SCW for Mid-South Wrestling, where he reformed The Midnight Express with Bobby Eaton.

After spending some time in International Championship Wrestling, Rose reunited with Condrey in the AWA in 1987. Now known as "Ravishing" Randy Rose, he and Condrey called themselves "The Original Midnight Express", and claimed the right to the name, which had since been used by Condrey and Eaton and later by Eaton and Stan Lane. The duo were managed Paul E. Dangerously. Condrey and Rose defeated Jerry Lawler and Bill Dundee for the AWA World Tag Team Championship on October 30, 1987, in Whitewater, Wisconsin. They would have a two-month title reign, losing the titles to the returning Midnight Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty) on December 27, 1987 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Condrey and Rose resurfaced in NWA flagship promotion World Championship Wrestling (with Dangerously) in November 1988. During the November 5 episode of World Championship Wrestling, Jim Cornette kayfabe received an anonymous phone call. The caller ridiculed Cornette over Eaton and Lane's loss of the NWA World Tag Team Championship to The Road Warriors on October 29. Cornette recognized the caller and baically asked him to come say it to his face. At that point, Dangerously and the Original Midnight Express hit the ring and proceeded to pummel Cornette and Stan Lane, who was wrestling in a singles match. By the time Bobby Eaton showed up, it was three on one. Cornette showed up the next week on TBS carrying his blood stained suit jacket and the feud was on.[2] The teams wrestled at Starrcade '88, but nothing was solved. The Midnights vs. Midnights would be the hottest feud in WCW for months, building up to a six-man tag match involving the managers on pay-per-view in February 1989. The one who got pinned would have to leave the promotion. However, WCW (the former Jim Crockett Promotions) was under new ownership and in transition at the time and many wrestlers were coming and going. At the last minute, Condrey decided to leave WCW. Jack Victory was brought in as his replacement and the match went forward, but at this point no one really cared. Rose would leave WCW for a time and Dangerously would go on to bring in the Samoan Swat Team or SST as his new team. Rose would return to WCW for a brief time in mid 1989.

In 1990 and 1991, Rose wrestled for Georgia All-Star Wrestling and the Global Wrestling Federation (GWF). He retired from active competition in 1992 after 18 years.

Rose was also very involved with charity work during his wrestling career and  used his status as a pro wrestler to raise money.

bottom of page